Saturday, January 23, 2016

Weather and Weight

I've been fighting with my computer again, which is why there haven't been many blogs recently.  I think we've come to terms, but it's a wait-and-see situation.  The sky here is a beautiful blue, with stretches of soft see-through clouds spread on the horizon.  It's 43 degrees out, and Bertie, our squirrel has been sunning on top of his telephone pole.  The folks in Florida must be cold - it's 54 in Vero Beach, and there are snow flurries in Gainesville and Alachua.  There is snow still on the ground from two weeks ago, here in Boulder, but you need your sunglasses on outside.  And we're expecting more snow during the AFC Championship game tomorrow afternoon and throughout tomorrow evening.  Maybe three to five inches; maybe nothing.    The people on the middle and upper east coast are really getting a snoot full of snow, too.  There was a blizzard warning, a nor'easter warning, and a coastal flooding warning for Chincoteague and Assateague Islands.  My cousins prepared for snow - they were surprised to find water up to their doors this morning.  Seems that the low-lying areas of Chincoteague are underwater now....
   I've been eating less junk food, and getting my dog walks in, so I don't know why I'm surprised that I need to buy smaller pants.  I was thinking about something else when I went into the bathroom yesterday to relieve myself; when I stood up to pull my pants up, I discovered that I'd slid my jeans down to my knees without un-buttoning or un-zipping them.  Then I ran to catch the bus, and my jeans were definitely droopy....  Guess it's time to go get a couple new pairs of denims.

No comments: