Monday, March 28, 2016

Chincoteague Pony Spring Round-Up Begins Friday

The following statement was released by the Chincoteague Volunteer Fire Company yesterday, 27 March 2016:  " The spring roundup will start Friday, April 1st at 4:30 pm for the south herd. We will sweep the south end from the lighthouse to the south corral. Hopefully we should have the herd in the corral within a couple hours. It just depends on how well they cooperate. The north herd will b rounded up starting Saturday morning. We will start as close to 8 am as we can. (Weather and personnel permitting). We will also be performing the vet checks at the same time on the south herd. The buybacks at the carnival grounds will be released on the south end Saturday morning as time permits."
  I honestly wish I could be there.  When I lived on Chincoteague Island, I was always scheduled for work during the Spring and Fall Round-Ups, so I never had a chance to see one in person.  I enjoy my round-ups vicariously through the photos of Deb Iddings Noll, Darcy and Steve Cole, and Cindi H Herman.  They are fantastic people who share their photos on Facebook, and on the DSC Photography website.  I couldn't get through Spring and Fall without them, and the other folks who post their photos.  
   ...  I have enjoyed watching the squirrel family and raven family from my desk window this morning.  It was 26 degrees at 7 a.m., when I returned home.  (I slept with Tessa, Lyra and Lily last night - and tonight, also.) The squirrels have been enjoying the almonds, Brazil nuts and walnuts that we put out for them; and yesterday I added another 2.5 pounds of unshelled sunflower seeds into the bird feeder.  The ravens help themselves from the trash dumpster at Chez Thuy, the Vietnamese restaurant that is our immediate neighbor to the south.  
   Yesterday, for Easter, I baked a lemon pound cake; and we had ham steak, mashed potatoes and glazed carrots for our supper.  It was a nice, quiet day.
   I hope your week goes well!

No comments: