Sunday, July 17, 2016

A Mixed Bag

This will be my last post before returning from vacation, the second day of August, so I decided to present one of my usual mixed bag set of photos and thoughts....
   After a "drought" in foal deliveries since June 22, Witch Kraft dropped her filly Friday on Assateague.  She's a beautiful chestnut pinto and her sire is Wild Thing.
   And, for the first time since 1972, a Misty descendant was born on Beebe Ranch on Chincoteague.  Billy Beebe was proud to announce the birth of a filly to Nightmist's Little Angel.  The black pinto has been named Angel's Stormy Drizzle.
    Friday was the annual Tube to Work Day in Boulder Creek, in Boulder.  More than 500 people turned out to ride the rapids in inner tubes on the way to work this year....
    A promising young Thoroughbred stallion was killed by a lightning strike in his paddock on Thursday.  The storm "came out of nowhere" and none of the 8 weather broadcasts forecast any rain or thunder and lightning storms.
   Our local fire, the Cold Springs wildfire, is now 100% contained.  There are still smouldering areas, but no new fire outbreaks are expected.  The two campers who did not extinguish their small campfire caused over $3 million in damages, including the loss of 8 homes, 7 out buildings, several pets, and an untold number of wildlife.  The fire-fighting costs exceed $5 million.
   There have been many headlines stating that Tim Tebow will be speaking at the Republican National Convention, and that he will be campaigning for Donald Trump.  Tim Tebow was very shocked to learn this via the media.  Tim Tebow will not be appearing at the RNC in Cleveland.  Tim Tebow does not endorse Donald Trump's racism and bigotry.
   Beatrice, my room mate - apartment sharer - friend, will take care of my kits while I'm in Virginia.  I'll return to Boulder late on August 1 - but I have 13 glorious days on Chincoteague and Assateague.  I'm taking three boat cruises; I'll be climbing up the lighthouse; I'll see and record the Pony Auction; I'll see friends and family; I'll visit the beach, and walk the trails.  And I will relax.  See you next month!

Witch Kraft and her filly sired by Wild Thing - thanks to DSC Photography

Angel's Stormy Drizzle, a 6th generation Misty descendant

Billy Beebe with Clarence "Grandpa" Beebe's branding iron

Squirrel

Black Star and filly by Wild Thing  -  thanks to DSC Photography

This notice from Beached Paws Photography in Maryland

Tube to Work Day in Boulder, Colorado had more than 500 participants this year

No comments: