Sunday, February 26, 2017

I'm So Lazy...

Things have been going on in the world, and I've just been so lazy that I didn't care...  I just returned from having Mercedes cut my hair - and I do mean cut.  It had grown out, over the past three years to almost reach my waist.  It's now about three inches long on top, and about an inch long on the back...  Looks pretty much like it used to look.  Short.
    I went into the market the other day to pick up a few items, and I was trying to decide between ham steak and chicken breast.  I saw a tray of sausage that had been shaped into a laughing pig's head and body.  I laughed and made a comment to the meat manager that it was very cute - and if it wasn't made with peppers, I'd purchase some.  The manager assured me that the peppers were very mild, and actually gave me a half-pound at no charge.  I made half of the amount into seven small patties and cooked them this morning.  I ate one-quarter of one patty, and it took an hour for the fire in my mouth to die down...  Very mild, my mucking boots!  Beatrice ate a whole one, and said it was more than enough.  The uncooked portion, and the other 5 and 3/4 patties are wrapped separately and in the refrigerator.  Maybe my sister or nephew would like them...
   Well, I'm still frightened by the power that "45" has.  At least Flynn has stepped down, and Pudzer had the sense to excuse himself.  I'm still amazed (and dismayed) that the other Cabinet appointees have been confirmed, so far.  DeVos is still astounding me with her idiocy as the Secretary of Education.  Pruitt frankly scares the hell out of me as the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency.  With Rex Tillerson as the Secretary of State, Mnuchin as Secretary of the Treasury, and Jeff Sessions at Attorney General, it seems as if almost all the evil genies are out of the bottle.  I have to say that I do think that Linda McMahon is a good choice for the Small Business Administration - if she keeps politics out of her office.  The others are all just as scary, just as racist as can be possibly imagined.
   I'm also laughing at the Town Hall meetings being held (or not held) across the country.  In Melfa, Virginia (on the Eastern Shore, in my old home area), a ten-year-old girl asked her State Representative, "Why isn't the President honest?"   She prefaced this by saying she had been taught to be honest by her parents, and that she really liked honest people.  Then she asked her question...  The Representative had to say that he didn't know why the President isn't honest, but that he would always be honest with his constituents.  It was a great moment.
    I'm still recovering from my swollen lips episode - taking an antihistamine every night before bed, and my lips sometimes tingle and burn.  Rosie seems to be doing well...  Her hindquarters are getting weaker - she'll be 15 next month, which is pretty incredible for an Irish Setter - but last night she got up six times without assistance while I was with her.  Of course, at her age, she has good days and bad days.
  Surfer Princess, my Chincoteague filly, has migrated with her best buddy, Badabing, from the north end of Assateague down to the south end.  Workers have not found any broken fences, so the two girls have either jumped everything, or gone around the ends, out into the waters...  Hopefully she'll stay put on the north end after the Spring Round-up.  She was born and raised on the southern end, and keeps going back there - but  her her full brother, Riptide, is the main stallion in the south, and that's the herd she's attached to.  Can't let her stay with her brother!   Her dam, meanwhile, seems very happy with Hoppy, the big bay stallion on the north end...

No comments: