Monday, February 26, 2018

Running To The Rescue...

Today, in a meeting of Governors of the fifty American states, the orange circus peanut, who has been highly critical of the law enforcement response to school shooting in Parkland, Florida, says that he would have rushed into the building, unarmed, if he had been there.  He said, "You don't know until you're tested, but I think I really believe I'd run in there even if I didn't have a weapon, and I think most of the people in this room would have done that, too."
   I graduated from High School in Florida in 1974; at that point in time, there was a main open quad surrounded by buildings on four side, with four wings, plus a separate gymnasium.  When I worked there, in the early 1980s, there were multiple temporary class rooms scattered about the campus.  When I visited there in 2014, the campus was almost unrecognizable to me, with added wings and off-set buildings.  My school now serves about 1400 students, plus teachers, assistants, janitors, maintenance people, cafeteria workers, office workers and the administration.
  If I was visiting there and shooting erupted, I would have absolutely no idea where it was coming from.  There are multiple hallways, interconnected rooms, dead ends, multiple open areas, covered walkways, and many available routes that might seem to take you toward the sound, but don't.  How is a visitor supposed to find his/her way to a sound in an unknown warren of halls and rooms?
  And trying to mentally "see" the over-weight and out of shape President running toward an active shooting site?  It's totally laughable!  He is so out of shape that he uses his golf cart while playing golf; he gets rides on carts when he is supposed to walk to events that other dignitaries walk to; he has never, to anyone's knowledge, taken a self-defense course, or a weapons course.
  All one has to do is look at photos of him bending over at one of his golf courses to know that he has "man boobs," a huge gut, and a giant butt.  Run into a school, unarmed, to face a shooter?  Do you remember his reaction when a protester rushed the stage when he was running for President? He froze.  The Secret Service had to tackle him.  He is not, nor has ever been, a man of action.  He is a business tycoon, who sits on his ass all day long, and lies in bed all night long, gorging on cheese burgers and fries, while watching TV, Tweeting, and calling people who don't want to talk to him.  In his mind, he looks like a young Fabio, and has the body of the statue of David.
   One of my friends said we could use a sun dial to time his run in to a shooting site.  I totally agree.






No comments: