Saturday, June 21, 2008

Beautiful Morning!

Wow! The sunrise today was absolutely gorgeous. I was out walking - managed 4 miles - and thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was cool and dry, the mosquitos were not out, and everything was quiet. You could hear the birds awakening and chirping sleepily in their hidden nests, Boulder Creek was chuckling to itself, cars were few and far between, and I saw only 4 other people, who were jogging/running.

The temperature has risen quickly, with the sun. The tennis courts next door are filled with folks. Soon people will start dipping in Boulder Creek - I love to walk by the Central Park and library areas and see folks of all ages in the Creek - little ones in bathing suits, high school and college kids with inner tubes, people in their 70s in T-shirts and shorts and sneakers, all taking a refreshing splash in the icy-cold waters of the Creek. There is still snow up on the front range mountaintops; we haven't yet seen the Creek out of its' banks. (And since I live in its' flood plain, I hope we don't!) But the Creek is running briskly and high and is a delight.

When my kits went out this morning, they prowled the nearby patios and then plopped down in the shade of the privacy fence that divides our complex from the Millenium Harvest House. They then shifted into the sun and caught a few rays. Lovey decided that I needed to be outside with them, and plaintively requested my presence. I went out with them for about 15 minutes, then returned inside for my breakfast. The kits joined me soon thereafter. I'm going to work on the family tree today and possibly visit the book store. I have a couple of "day visits" scheduled with DeJa next week, and then on the 28th, I'll be at Spike's for 5 nights and days. - Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments: