Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Children's Moon over the Flatirons

It's another beautiful day in Boulder. Yesterday I walked to my pharmacy (3 miles away) and back to pick up my meds - it was kind of muggy, for here, but there was a nice breeze, and even though I had worn sunscreen and my sunglasses, I got a little sun. Today the children's moon is still visible over the Flatirons and Front Range, even as I write this. I couldn't figure out why I awoke so hungry this morning; then realized that I'd only eaten 6 strawberries since lunch yesterday, so I paused for 15 minutes in my walk this morning and grabbed a burrito.

As the baby squirrels are growing, they are leaving the area; Sally is the only one who still visits, other than the usual adults. The raccoon family visited last night and had a good munch on some stale bread I put out for them. I didn't see the bunny brood, but the broccoli was gone this morning, also - of course, the raccoons may have eaten it while I wasn't watching.

My sister was visiting, using the computer yesterday afternoon, and I really wanted to laugh: Banichi jumped onto the desk and butted her face so hard he dislodged her glasses - then he proceeded to present his backside to her to prove that she was a member of the family. It was priceless!!

I'm still plodding away in my family tree reseach and was supposed to have visited DeJa yesterday, but his owner called and cancelled just as I was heading out the door. I am booked for over-night jobs for 16 days in July, I'm also booked for 17 days each in August and September, so it looks like I'll be staying busy with my adopted four-legged families. Here's hoping you have good/pleasant weather!!

No comments: