Wednesday, June 11, 2008

DeJa, Research and Thumb Twiddling

Today was a quick visit to DeJa, giving him a chance to walk and visit the great outdoors to unload while his family were at work. He was snoozing when I arrived, and jerked awake at my touch. I re-filled his water bowl, convinced him to stand and took him outside. He strolled around in front of the house for about 15 minutes (a good workout for him!) and then laid out by my side to soak up some sun for another 15. The wind has really picked up and we were both covered with male pollen catkins from the cottonwoods. Came back to let my kits out and had to chastise Banichi for lurking over Sally, the baby squirrel - Nichi did his best to convince me that he really wasn't going to pounce on her, but I gathered him inside anyway.

I was asked last week to be available to help a friend access her e-mail. She states that computers frighten her. I have written and printed out 4 pages of step-by-step instructions for her to follow twice; and she can't remember her ID and passwords either. She has lost all but one of the 10 3" by 5" cards I've given her with her information - and both sets of the step-by-steps. I told her I'd walk her through it once more - today. She has yet to call or show up - so I've been pretty much twiddling my thumbs, because I hate getting caught up in the excitement of exploring the past and then getting interupted. But I think it's time for me to start in on my current research and forget about going to the library with her.

Yes, it is June 11! The reason I stress that is because it's snowing up in the high country, the Eisenhower Tunnel road has been having white-out conditions, and Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park has been closed due to 1 to 2 foot snow drifts.... It's always fun to live in Colorado!

No comments: