Wednesday, June 18, 2008

An Odd Tuesday

Yesterday I popped in and spent almost an hour with DeJa - took him out for a walk and had a drowse in the sun-dappled yard afterwards. Then it was on to the library to return some books, check out new ones, and show Mary how to use her e-mail, again. I picked up several new authors, and grabbed two old stand-bys (Brother Cadfael books), and then spent an hour trying to get Mary to do things for herself. - I can't say it did much good.

Worked on the family tree when I got home, with the patio door open and Lovey and Banichi trotting in and out. Banichi proudly brought me a large leaf he had "caught" and Lovey brought me a small branch. Lovey retrieves her favorite ball and has this penchant for bringing me sticks - I think she saw too many dog movies when she was a kitten! I had hoped to see some wildlife during the evening/night - perhaps rabbits or the raccoons or, as it's time, some baby foxes.
But some neighbors in the apartment building had other ideas. They partied until sometime after 2 a.m. - keeping the wildlife away and me awake. One of my neighbors goes to work at 2 in the morning, and she said she could hear the party from two blocks away. The police came by twice and the noise level would subside, but then slowly grow again. About 2:15, a female at the party asked, "You know what?" and I replied, out my window: "Yeah - you're keeping me awake!" Things got very quiet soon thereafter.

Took a nice walk at 5 a.m. - managed about 3 and 3/4ths mile today. The birds are singing like mad at the feeders outside, and we're looking at another day like yesterday - high temp: 90; humidity: 10-15%; with a possibility of afternoon thunderstorms.... Enjoy your day!

No comments: