Sunday, January 18, 2009

Damaging dream

I had a very strange dream this morning - there was a bug, or some type of insect, attached to my shoulder blade and I knew I had to remove it. In actuality, I created a bloody mess: somehow during my sleep, I used my nails to remove a rather large mole from my left shoulder. What a weird dream and what a bizarre outcome! The bed sheets and my nightgown are bleaching away right now...

I ended up reading The Eye of the Tiger in less than 24 hours... it was excellent! At first I disliked the main character, but I slowly came 'round to his way of thinking; the characters and plot were believable, gripping, and intense. I'll have to read a second time, savoring it, to see what nuances I missed the first time through - and the last 5 pages contained a unique twist. I highly recommend anything written by Wilbur Smith to readers who wish to become immersed in an adventure.

Got Kathy and Jim off to DIA pretty much on time yesterday. Then I came back home, read and loved the kits, and headed over to Suki and Boo late in the afternoon. The girls felt bereaved, so I took them for a nice 45 minute walk, gave them a treat, and then had to explain to Suki (once again) that I would not feed dinner early. She thinks she should have breakfast at 5 or 5:30 a.m. and I will not feed her until after 6 a.m.; then she starts asking for dinner at 4 p.m., but doesn't get it until 6:15 or 6:30... I guess that "hope springs eternal", even in canines. I took the girls for a nice 60-minute walk this morning before heading home to the kits... and I'll take them out for another walk this afternoon.

The kits were stalking pigeons and squirrels this morning in the backyard. They didn't catch anything - Thank goodness! Lovey is currently in her favorite position: between the keyboard and me, while Banichi is munching on some Temptations treats. I'll ask the Irish kids' owners if they mind me walking the kids either an hour earlier or an hour later than usual on Tuesday because I'd like to witness Barack Obama's Swearing-in and his Inaugural Address that day. It will be a moment to remember and to share with others. I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: