Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Humbled...

Rosie let me know both yesterday and today that I am an arrogant, egocentric so-and-so. I wrote back in December that Rosie had stopped in front of my sister's house while one of her owners was walking her - that she refused to move. I laid it down to my own "animal magnetism" and that Rosie really liked me. Wrong; dead wrong!! Both yesterday and today, while I was walking both Remy and Rosie, Rosie paused at the drive of my sister's house and refused to move. - I petted both of the kids, and made sure they had a good scent of me; Rosie still would not move. She had to go visit Suki and Boo, check out the front door, and make a stop at the girls' west-end kennel. Then she was satisfied and ready to leave. Boy, did I get my come-uppence!! I am now suitably squashed and humbled. She doesn't prefer me, she just likes the house and other dogs. - Where's my pie?

We had bright sunshine yesterday and today - the snow has melted quite a bit, even though we're expecting a few flurries this afternoon - and it's supposed to be in the 50s on Friday! It's a veritable heat wave! Banichi and Lovey are happy that the snow is retreating, but now complain of the wet and muddy yard... and, of course, Lovey likes to walk all over me and leave beautiful muddy paw prints. I had to tell her she was a bad girl and drag her inside this morning - she was threatening one of the very young squirrels, and it didn't know what to do... Since I've been shooing the birds off when she's outside, maybe she decided to turn her hunting skills toward the baby squirrels.

I just had to refuse a long-time client for a week's work, as I'm already booked for the time wanted. I was able to book a week for her in May... for the shuttle launch in Florida. Kathy took me for a part of my Christmas present yesterday afternoon - we went on a clothes shopping spree. Besides having a 50% off coupon, most of the item's she bought were also on a manager's special sale at 50% off already - so she got 5 items (and I got 1) at 75% off. It was super! She got 5 pairs of running shorts, 2 throw pillows, and a beautifully embroidered silk and satin kimono; while I got a new sweater, a new T, a new blouse, a pair of shorts/overalls, a new pair of jeans, a new dress with a shoulder wrap, and two books. All for less than $45!!! We were both very happy with our purchases.

No comments: