Saturday, January 3, 2009

I need a new Bird feeder!

What a difference a day makes! Yesterday we had a high of 63 - a nice, bright day with a slight breeze; this morning, the temperature has continued a downward slide that started at midnight - the sky is grey and the mountain tops are shrouded in mist; it certainly looks like snow. And that's what we're expecting this afternoon.

I've been out and walked my usual 5 miles; then I stopped at the store on the way home and purchased bird feed and nuts for the squirrels; cat food, canned and dry, and kitty treats; a bagel and a pound of ground turkey for me. I was brought up short at the dry cat food display - I could buy one 3 pound bag for $5.79, or 3 one pound bags for $4.50. I purchased 3 one pounders. The high winds blew one of my bird feeders down, and I recovered it in 5 pieces... I need to visit PetCo at 9, so I can get a replacement.

The kits have been stuck to me like glue since I returned home yesterday evening. Lovey won't let me out of her sight, and Banichi has to be touching me at all times - he's currently laying across my right arm on the desktop. I've finished reading all my new books; guess I'll go to the library on Monday to renew my supply.

After grabbing a new bird feeder and cleaning out the litter boxes this morning, I have only one other plan for the day. I want to see the Colts beat the Chargers. Besides running out to pick up the Sunday paper tomorrow, my plans consist of sitting at home, reading, and loving the kits. Period. Full stop. Enjoy the first weekend of 2009!

No comments: