Thursday, January 15, 2009

Foggy Thursday

OK, it's time to shut down the photo album posting. It's foggy out this morning - 25 degrees, 80% humidity and the ground is still warm from yesterday's high of 45. The forecast is for 50s tomorrow thru Tuesday - that's 10 degrees above average for this time of year... There's a master gardener on TV right now talking abut the advantages of using horse manure as fertilizer - it's a tie-in with the National Western Stock Show... There is still a thin crust of snow on the ground in the backyard - Lovey and Banichi were delighted this morning because their favorite outdoors potty-spot has re-appeared from it's cloak of white stuff. (You'd never know they have 3 litter boxes inside, which are scooped out daily!)

I had a very cryptic conversation yesterday afternoon with the owner of 'The Berry Best Smoothies" store. I walked in with a smile on my face and Dave said, "Ain't it great?" I replied, "Oh, yeah." Dave said, "If you're ordering, I want one." So I then asked the following questions: "Short or long?", "White, orange or blue?", and "What size?" As I walked out the door, I think he startled his 10 customers by yelling, "Go Gators!" at me. Yes, he, too, is a transplanted Gator, and we usually talk every couple of weeks about the various sports teams. So I ordered two 2008 National Champions T's from the Gator Shop.

It still looks as if the sun hasn't risen yet, but the little birds, pigeons, and squirrels are here and feeding. I'm headed out soon to walk the Irish kids - I'll have to see which way they choose to head this morning before deciding on a walk route. Tuesday we walked around Centennial Middle School, while yesterday we walked over to Wonderland Lake. We might walk around Winding Trail today - or over to Shining Mountain... Only the dogs and I will know when we start out.... And I thoroughly enjoyed watching Big Red last Saturday morning (of course I cried!)

I did catch another episode of Cheyenne earlier this week - There was the actor who played Sheriff Roy Coffee on Bonanza as an alcoholic Army Major, James Garner was the upstanding Army Lieutenant who was in love with a girl on a wagon train, and I almost missed a walk-on non-speaking part by Michael Landon, as an Army private. Talk about an episode loaded with talent!! Nowadays, I watch these old Westerns and try to see how the strong, silent cowboy stars were supposed to express feeling by gritting their teeth, opening or narrowing their eyes, and using body language. It almost seems like a lost art... Have a good day!

No comments: