Monday, January 26, 2009

Wind Chill of 6 Below 0

I've walked and returned home - it was 4 when I left and had risen 2 degrees by the time I returned; and it's still snowing. This morning, the flakes are tiny and crystalline, looking like granulated sugar when they land on your jacket or gloves. Then there's the wind chill... the weather folks say it feels like it's 6 below 0 outside now. All I know is that the kits ran out and ran right back in. Lovey used to go tunneling in the snow in the backyard, when it was light and fluffy and piled high - she hasn't done that in over a year. I don't know if it's because she dislikes me toweling her off, afterwards, or if, as she's gotten older, she's decided it's just too cold to enjoy.

I watched the first half of NBC's The Last Templar last night. The acting seemed fine, but the story seemed to drag... and I was puzzled for the longest time about the actor playing FBI Agent Sean whatever... I knew his eyes and eyebrows, I knew his lips, I knew his profile; then it hit me - he's Bob on The Unit! I have never seen him without a shaved pate - he's pretty good-looking! I will watch the second part tonight, just so I can look at actor Scott Foley with hair on his head! I've already figured out how the movie will end. I finished reading Breed to Come last night - will read a Wilbur Smith book until I can grab Sherry Tepper's.

The final numbers are in from the National Western Stock Show - they had over 643,000 people attend (down 29,000 from last year), and considering the economy, the sponsors are happy with that turn-out. ... The Breckenridge Ice Sculpture show was judged yesterday - the 1st place piece was sculpted by a team from the Yukon, the 2nd place was awarded to a team from China, and the 3rd place went to a team from France. ... The annual Indian Art Show, held Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in Denver also reported a lower income and fewer guests than last year. ... We are expecting another 1 to 4 inches of snow today - at least it's supposed to stop before I walk the Irish kids on Tuesday morning!!!

No comments: