Saturday, February 28, 2009

Banichi Leofric

Banichi's favorite thing to do outside is to roll in the dirt and coat himself with loose dust, leaves, and grass. I took this photo of him doing just that two days ago.


It was 15 degrees outside when I went walking this morning - and the only parts of me that were chilly were my nose and my knees. The sky is cloudless and the sun is shining brightly on the Flatirons. We had a few flurries of snow - nothing measurable - yesterday morning when it was 25 outside. We're now up to a whopping 20; I opened the patio door, and both kits ran out and came right back in. Once the sun makes it over the privacy fence, I'll open the door again; then the kits will want to sunbathe. There was a chimney flue fire at the Irish kids' house yesterday morning - no one was injured and other than acrid smoke in the house, there was no damage. I took Rosie and Remy for a walk and then stopped off at my sister's house until the owners called with an "all clear" report. (Boulder's firefighters appeared to be uncoordinated during this time...)

The maintenance men have dug a 10-inch-deep trough the length of the backyard, about a foot away from our patios. I have no idea what it's for.... I'll ask Jim or Rob the next time I see them. The city will be inspecting our apartments March 9 and 10 - maybe it has something to do with that? But they will be looking at the plumbing, electrical systems and the fire/smoke detectors... so I don't see how there could be a connection.
Just for the heck of it, I dyed my hair a couple of days ago, also - so now I am partially a carrot-top like Conan O'Brien. - It does seem to go well with all the freckles I have on my face....

No comments: