Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hats Off to Stump!!

It snowed here last night, beginning about 6 p.m. and up until midnight - we got about two-and-a-half inches of snow. Because of the recent warm weather and the wonderful sunshine, most of the snow has already disappeared. Since it fell and melted on the sidewalks and roadways, there is a lot of unseen ice lurking below the snow... I know, because I hit a patch, fell to my knees and took the knees out of a good pair of jeans - not to mention making mincemeat out of my flesh. But the sun is shining this morning, and we're supposed to get more snow tomorrow evening and over the weekend. It will be a welcome respite from the dry.

Stump, a 10 year old Sussex Spaniel, made history by winning the Best in Show at the Westminster Dog Show: the historic part comes from being the first Sussex Spaniel judged to be Best in Show, and he is also the oldest dog to win this highest accolade. Stump had been retired from showing 5 years ago, and his owner decided to take him onto the green carpet one last time, just for the fun of it. ** I was wrong yesterday in listing the Hound Group winner as a Scottish Wolfhound; it was a Scottish Deerhound. I apologize for the error.** The other Group winners of last night were: Stump, in the Sporting Group; the Brussels Griffon in the Toy Group; and the Giant Schnauzer in the Working Group.

My psychiatrist has decided to augment my current medications with the new drug "Abilify" - it usually (65% of the time) helps people with energy and social situations. I was warned I could feel invigorated and energized, or lethargic and sleepy, or nothing at all. There are a lot of scary warnings with this drug - so if any of you folks who read this notice a big change in my writing, thought processes (I have those?), personality, whatever, please send me an e-mail, so I can let my Doctor know about it. This drug is supposed to enhance linear thinking - so I don't know if my brain will even survive that effect or not.....

No comments: