Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Olwen and Lovey

I got started on genealogy research last night... now I don't want to stop - not even to walk the dogs. I hit a goldmine of information about Jeff's great-grandmother's family and am having a wonderful time tracing them back. Now I just have to find out who Joseph Gingell's parents were... I've had my walk this morning, another pretty day in Boulder. Our high yesterday was 56, and we're hoping for 60 today. I've been using Facebook quite a bit lately, but it seems that the more I use it, the more spyware and viruses my computer has to fight off; and with several applications, my computer just shuts down. I don't think I'll be staying on board as an active member for long.

I spoke with one of my clients yesterday, and she informed me that her Mother, Olwen, had entered an Assisted Living home. I will miss seeing Olwen out and about. Olwen will be 100 years old in August, and up until last month was very spry; her mind is still extremely sharp, and she delights in trying to shock me. She was born in the English Embassy in Argentina, and spent most of her life in Argentina and England - and, oh!, the things she's seen!! She's a delight to sit and chat with. Saying that you're interested in history is the best way to get her to seal her mouth, but she loves to trade stories. I will miss seeing her sitting on her patio, sipping wine in the sunshine. The area will lose a treasure when she leaves us.

Lovey has been worrying her tail; and she won't let me look at it. You know how lions have that tuft at the of their tails? She has chewed off the fur around the tip of her tail, so that she has a black tuft at the end. Ah!! She just let me gently examine it, and it looks like Banichi got either a tooth or a claw into her tail. She's got tiny puncture wound there, but it doesn't look infected. I'll clean her off with hydrogen peroxide and then put a dot of calendula cream/gel on it, and that should take care of that. She's generally quite a sensible little critter; and I do love her dearly.

1 comment:

Craig Gingell said...

Hello,

If you're looking for Gingells, have you tried http://www.gingell.com/familytree ?

Kind regards

Craig