Saturday, February 21, 2009

Two Inches of Snow!!!

Two inches of dry powder snow fell last night between 8 and midnight; it was 2 degrees outside at 2 a.m.; and it's now 25 with a cloudless sky and brightly shining sun. The sunrise was beautiful - yellows, oranges and reds that cast some awesome light effects on the Flatirons this morning. There is a lot of ice on the roads and pavements this morning - a lot of it unseen under the snowpack. (it helped to cause a 17-car pile-up in Denver.) I fell asleep with both dogs last night, and awakened with Remy only; Rosie had moved to the dog bed at the foot of the bed. I fell asleep reading about the early Celtic Christian church in 7th century Ireland; that topic had put both dogs to sleep earlier in the evening.

My kits are upset that I haven't let them out this morning, but as I'm about to run back to the Irish kids, I'm afraid that the kits wouldn't want to come in when I needed them to. The birds and squirrels are feasting away on the patio, so at least the kits are being entertained. I'll be back home to sleep in my own bed this evening - with two warm purry bodies. I enjoy sleeping with the critters belonging to other folks while they are away, but I love to sleep in my own bed with my own kits, too.

Tomorrow, Sunday, February 22, the Weather Channel will do a story on the Windsor, CO winter tornado of last year on Weather Stories. It will show at 8 p.m. EST, 7 CST, and 6 MST. Host Jim Cantori (sp?) has been a favorite of mine since before Hurricane Andrew, and he grows better with age... I believe that a lot of the footage that will be used was shot by out local NBC news team, who was out in the Windsor area covering another story when the super-cell appeared. If you're interested, I can tell you that the local preview of the show was very good.
I'll either blog more tonight, when I return home... or I'll just hit the keys tomorrow morning, as usual. Have a good weekend!!

No comments: