Wednesday, May 27, 2009

An Actual Dry Day?!?!

For the first time since last Thursday I have been able to see the Back Range... The peaks that were mostly brown rock on that day are once again glistening with a new mantle of snow. The sun is shining, very few clouds in the sky, and the robins started singing at 4:30 - so I got up and took my walk. The kits are sunning out on the patio, after both of them stuck to me like glue in bed last night - I think they overheard plans for me to start house-sitting for a new family new month. I'll be walking the red kids twice a day today and tomorrow, and then Friday morning before I head out to Brigadoon to take care of Lucy and Pepper and the new chicks for 6 days... the new client is just a couple of blocks away from Brigadoon, so I'll meet the family (both 2 and 4-legged) this weekend, to see if we fit together.

I do realize that it's a ridiculous hope, but I bought two PowerBall lottery tickets for tonight's drawing. $222 million (before taxes, I know) - I think I could live on that. It is nice to dream, you know! ... The town was rocked yesterday by the discovery of 3 bodies in a house in the Whittier neighborhood. Police are now saying that it was a planned murder and suicide - it was a couple in their 60s and their son who had recently returned home from college. It hasn't yet leaked out which of them planned it. ... Calvin Borel is still waiting to find out which horse he'll ride in the Belmont Stakes on June 6; Rachel A whom he won the Preakness with, or Mine That Bird on whom he won the Derby. ... And there's a nice video covering the career of Eddie Delahoussaye that's available for viewing on-line at www.bloodhorse.com It's 13 and a half minutes long - be prepared to sit back and enjoy!

The weather folks say we'll be sunny and dry through the weekend, with highs in the 70s and 80s. - I think I've heard that before somewhere. - It got down to 40 last night, and my heater came on, which surprised me. The apartment heating system is usually turned off from May 1 through October 1; if it's cold out, you just have to layer clothing, even when you're inside. Maybe this new management isn't so bad after all - this I say with 3 squirrels sitting on a mat inside the patio door, eating peanuts! Gosh - it's already hump day! Have a good rest of the week!

No comments: