Saturday, May 23, 2009

Memorial Saturday

We had an actual, honest-to-God thunder and lightning storm with rain last night. I was on the phone with Rosie's Mom (more about that later), when I heard what was either rain or hail hitting the edge of the patio. It was rain, and the drops were making wet spots the size of old-fashioned silver dollars on the patio concrete. Lovey was sitting by the door, but there was no sign of Banichi. After we finished our conversation, I looked out the door and still couldn't see the Neech-man anywhere, so I called him. The wonderful thing about Banichi is that he comes when he is called - and he came out from between the boles of the aspens and the privacy fence like a silver arrow. He looked quite aggravated with me, 'cause I made him run in the rain - but when I gave him and Lovey some turkey breast, everything was then OK....

When I started to walk the Irish kids yesterday, their Dad told me that Rosie had had a bad night, and that her right hind was bothering her. She pulled on her lead when we left the house, and about half-way through the walk, she was no longer pulling, but she did not indicate any kind of distress. We stopped at Suki and Boo's prior to the last two blocks home walk, and both Rosie and Remy took off at a run when I took off their harnesses. After 10 minutes of play in the backyard, i hooked the kids back up and started to walk them home. A neighbor stopped me to chat, and I noted in my mind that Rosie laid down in the grass, while Remy was sitting next to me, begging for attention. Got them home, with Remy pulling as always, and Rosie walking along calmly. When I turned them loose in the house, Remy went out back immediately to check on the men working on the pond; Rosie got a drink of water and laid down on the sofa. Duuuhhh! It should have clicked in my mind that she wasn't feeling well, as she would normally have bounced out into the backyard with Remy... In any event, she refused to eat her brunch, and her Mom gave her her medication for her leg pain, and with 45 minutes, she was back to the usual Rosie... So she's back on her pain/nerve Rx for the next few days...

For the past two days, we haven't been able to see the tops of, or, the mountains, at all due to fog and low clouds. Today, it's grey and cloudy, but you can see all of the Front Range. After the rain of last night, the teeny, tiny grass blades in the black dirt at the edge of the patio look as if they have tripled in height. I think I mis-wrote recently that the Bolder Boulder was a 5 K race - it's actually 10 K. I think I must have had a brain fart when I wrote 5 K... If any of you are interested in our annual Memorial Day weekend events, please feel free to visit the following URLs - they have tons of info and lots of great photos, too! www.bolderboulder.com and/or http://www.bceproductions.com/boulder-creek-festival/ Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: