Thursday, September 17, 2009

Back - and then Gone Again

I am still enjoying Saturday's Festival... One of the T-shirts I purchased pretty much sums things up - It's titled "As Others See It":
First there were the Scots who kept the Sabbath and everything else they could lay their hands on.
Then there were the Welsh who prayed on their knees and their neighbors.
Thirdly there were the Irish who never knew what they wanted but were willing to fight for it anyway.
Lastly there were the English who considered themselves a self-made nation thus relieving the Almighty of a dreadful responsibility.

A couple of CD-ROMs I ordered with genealogy information arrived yesterday evening, so I will have things to occupy myself with. I'm still working on Kevin's family tree, as well as my own; and I was given a surname today, with the question of, "Where did they come from?" from a fourth generation member. That should be fun, as well.

The kits are fine; Gimpy the squirrel is eating peanuts. I'll be heading off in a few minutes to walk Rosie and Remy, whom I'll be spending the weekend with. I am not 100% sure that I've cleaned the virus out of my system, and I seem to have picked up all three viruses that I've had this past year when I was importing photos to use for the blog - so you'll have to put up with my photos only for a while - which means I need to download them, so I can share them... work never ends (*sigh*).... The Breeders Cup folks are hoping to set up a show-down between the three-year-old filly Rachel Alexandra (the girl who keeps beating the boys) and Zenyatta, last year's champion older mare with a current record of 12 races with no defeats; they are offering a $1 million bonus to the Breeder's Cup Classic, already worth $5 million, if both of the girls will run.

No comments: