Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Cool Tuesday

It was chilly walking the kids this morning. The wind was blowing from the northwest, and one could see a lot more snow on the peaks above Boulder. I have to admit I grabbed breakfast at MickyD's - a sausage,egg, and cheese McMuffin and a hot chocolate. This is the first time I've had hot chocolate since MickeyD's started their new McCoffee setup. I have to say it the hot chocolate that I had this morning was almost the best I've ever had - almost, but not quite. Once I got off the bus, Arabella, the calico cat at the Waldorf Pre-School, came and demanded attention, so I gave her 5 minutes of love and scratches and belly pats. Then I ran into Hila and Tippie being walked, and had to confer treats upon those two. Then I finally got to Rosie and Remy's house; we had an excellent walk and met several new people, including the manager at the local nursing home. After our walk, I had a few minutes to recover my breath and dry the sweat before I met Alexy at her house and became re-acquainted with Cloudy and Shady. The cats were their normal selves, but in talking about getting away, I'm afraid I made Alexy cry. (She's been the caretaker for her Mother for the last 10 years without respite, and Olwen, her Mom, passed away in June.) I hugged her and let her cry it out, and then we just carried on...

Most of my football teams won over the weekend, and the two that didn't made an excellent showing against their much-higher rated opponents. ... I let the kits run outside for a few minutes this morning, and then re-opened the patio door upon my return home. Lovey is running in and out, walking across my chest with muddy toes and generally having a ball at this time. ... I watched the season premiere of House last night - and was amazed that I could actually empathize with him in this episode (he was locked up in a psychiatric ward at his own request when he started having hallucinations from his Vicodin abuse and his depression). Actually, I could relate to almost every patient that he was incarcerated with...

No comments: