Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tuesday Blues

Yesterday's pretty morning clouded over and we had a high temperature of 45. I got all of my planned items taken care of and spent a lot of time playing with the kits. I've already paid my rent this morning, so I have no more bills until the beginning of next month. I need to finish up some projects I've been working on for Christmas gifts, and purchase a few more, and I'm done for the year. I've been feeling awfully anti-social for the past three days - don't know what's caused it, but I recognize that being with other people makes me antagonistic; it's a good thing I see my therapist next week! When I finish this up, I need to move Fred outside, go to the post office, and go walk the Irish Setters. When I get back, I need to amend Dad's family tree, as I was contacted by a distant cousin who (very nicely) let me know that I had left her great-grandmother out of the family tree. The cousin then provided me with quite a bit more of information to add; and when I've done that, I may as well add Aunt Theoda's family to the tree as well.... then I'll reformulate the website and GED files and re-post them on the web.

Gimpy and a lot of his buddies spent a great deal of yesterday afternoon on my patio. The squirrels are squabbling over the nuts, and apparently a couple of the girls are in season, too. They made interesting viewing for both me and the kits. There was frost on the grass and a heavy covering of it on car and truck windows when I took my five-mile stroll this morning. I don't know why I was surprised that it was very foggy out as well; people were already in line at the County Clerk's office to turn in their mailed voting ballots - it was an interesting walk this a.m. I know that I'm missing my visits from the birds at my bird-feeders because I've started dreaming about them - flocks of sparrows and finches, chickadees and nuthatches, flickers, woodpeckers, wrens, jays, and pigeons. I was so happy when I awoke this morning, and so disappointed when I remembered that I had to remove my feeders last spring. Wildlife. I need country and wildlife to feel "normal"... maybe I'll go to Chautauqua or up on Mount Sanitas this afternoon to get a dose of open space, greenery, and wildlife... Hmmmm....

No comments: