Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Wind....

We are cloudy and grey again today here in Boulder. Our high is supposed to reach 32 degrees, but we have a constant wind at 15 to 35 mph, with gusts up to 50+ mph. With the humidity at 88%, it was like stepping out into a freezer with a giant fan blowing on me when I went out to grab the newspaper the morning. With the wind picking up last night, Shady found it nice to sleep with me, so I had a warm, furry companion for most of the time. I spent 4 hours with my kits yesterday - I fed and loved them, played with their favorite toys with them, spent an hour lying in bed with them sprawled on top of me, and then I gave them each a pinch of catnip before I returned to Alexy's. Cloudy has been in and out several times this morning, but Shady took one sniff of the wind and retired to his pillowed bed beside the dining room window. (I don't blame him one bit!)
I started reading Lucifer's Crown last night around 6:30 - this book engendered a lot of research, as well as a heck of an imagination on the author's part. It's 457 pages long, and I'm almost half-way through it. I had to quit reading after the book fell on my face for the fifth time early this morning... I'm rooting for the Colts and the Vikings today in the playoff series; that way I can root for both teams during the Superbowl. If the Saints beat the Vikings, then I'll be rooting for the Colts in the big game. Which reminds me, I had to giggle a couple of times during the playoff game between the Indianapolis Colts and the Baltimore Ravens. For me, the Colts will always be "Baltimore", and it seemed the same way for one of the older announcers during the game - he was fine using the Colts and Ravens terminology - but several times he spoke of Baltimore when he was actually talking about the Colts and not the Ravens. One of the younger announcers kept correcting the older guy - but I knew what the older guy was talking about. Now I know I'm getting old..... That, and the fact that I turned on the Western Channel yesterday, and saw a shot of a man from the rear, mounting a horse at the hitching post - and I immediately knew which actor it was from his build and posture and the way that he lit in the saddle. (The actor was Jimmy Stewart.) If only I could remember things like where I put my keys as well!!! Happy Sunday!

No comments: