Sunday, September 19, 2010

Around and Around

Well, Alexy has arrived home, so I don't have to worry about Cloudy and Shady now. Thankfully the Clark's will return home tomorrow, so I can remove Sasquatch and Tugger from the list also. That leaves me with my kits and Suki and Boo, plus the red kids during the day. I still haven't made it to the library yet, but am into the B section of the 1936 Webster's Collegiate Dictionary... Tuesday at 4 I meet with Skippy's people to learn the ins and outs of Finn caring - which begins on the 23rd and ends on the 26th. I do not like having two houses to care for so far apart, and without motorized transport between them. - Kathy had told me that she and Jim would be going away for "a few days" for his birthday: to me a "few" is more than 2, but less than 5. So that was OK, because I knew I had Skippy on the 23rd, and they were leaving on the 15th. Kathy's "a few" is actually 10 days - they are due back sometime on the 25th, as they have a race to run on the 26th. Skippy and Finn will get my complete attention - there is no doubt about that. I'm just irritated that Kathy, as usual, assumed that I'd be available to care for the dogs (and my kits are here, too) for however long she decided upon.
The kits had a great 90 minutes playing out in the back yard this morning - they kept chasing each other up the huge cottonwoods that are scattered around the yard. Neddy also caught a moth, and Lovey tried for a bird, but missed. Suki accepts both kits, but Boo is still trotting after Lovey and loves to make Neddy fluff up and hiss. Both kits were in awe of the mule deer in the back yard last night - 3 does and the 10-point buck were eating apples from the tree, and wandering around on the patio, next to the sliding glass door. Neddy's eyes were enormous while he was watching them. And we now have a dark grey fox with a white tipped tail living in the den across the back fence. It is a very handsome critter.
The new season on commercial TV starts tomorrow night - I'm only planning on watching three new shows - the new Hawaii Five-O, Blue Bloods, and The Defenders. I would watch Jimmy Smits new show, Outlaw, but it's scheduled against Blue Bloods, and I'm afraid that my heart and TV vote will go to Tom Selleck instead. (And all my college teams won yesterday, while in the pros, one won, and two lost.)

No comments: