Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Getting Skippy High

I found out this morning that Skippy has the genes to respond to catnip, so we spent 30 minutes playing with a catnip stuffed mouse this morning. - This was after his breakfast and grooming session. We repeated the play this afternoon after I had fed the koi and before he got supper. The Rs were in rare form this morning - I guess due to sensory overload from the construction crew. At least they were calmer when I left them after their walk. My kits slept with me, one on each side last night, and then they snuggled for a 45 minute nap this afternoon. Tomorrow will be another full long day, as I move into Silver's house in the afternoon. In the morning, I'll be visiting Skippy, walking the Rs, and spending an extra hour with them, then walking Lucy, the Portuguese Water Spaniel. Then I'll get to run home and love my kits, take a quick rest, and then head back to Skippy and then over to Silver. I'll be sleeping at Silver's until Tuesday evening, plus taking care of Skippy twice a day through Monday, and the Rs usual walks. It's fun to be busy, but sometimes I do over-schedule myself... not that I'm unable to do all the running about, it's just that I'm so exhausted after a few days of it that all I want to do is sleep for 36 hours (with only my kitties causing interruptions).... Thank goodness it's hump day!
Tomorrow afternoon and evening, I'll also be switching the TV stations back and forth between the South Carolina Gamecocks game on ESPN, and the Broncos-Vikings game on CBS. After the excitement of the games, I should sleep soundly!

No comments: