Thursday, October 14, 2010

Free Feline Friday at Boulder Valley Humane Society

If you have a place in your heart and home (and, most especially, in your budget) please adopt a cat or kitten from the Boulder Valley Humane Society tomorrow, October 15. All of tomorrow's adoptions are completely free - and you get a wonderful feline who is either spayed or neutered, and has received all of it's shots. It's a win-win situation - For both you and your new pet! There are currently 67 cats and kittens ready for a free adoption tomorrow, they range in age from 2 months to 12 years old, and you can even place one on hold via the internet, if you like the description and photo of the kitty. You can view all felines ready for adoption at:
http://www.boulderhumane.org/hsbv/go.asp?.mode=adopt_cats
I know that I receive great joy from my two adoptees, Lovey and Neddy.
Zenyatta worked five furlongs this morning, and her trainer has told reporters what her training schedule will be up until the running of the Breeders Cup Classic on Saturday, November 6. ... Rosie and Remy were very good all morning - even when the new neighbors' cat was screaming at the east fence-line. But about 1:15, the cat went into Connie's yard, and 20-year-old Ooch objected. Ooch has an extremely loud and carrying yowl. Rose shot over the fence between the two yards as if it didn't exist at all. Unfortunately, she chose to chase Ooch, and not the other cat; but Ooch made it up the pine tree and onto the roof with time to spare. I abjectly apologized to Connie for Rose's uncouth behavior. Remy, Suki and Boo were good kids all day.
When I arrived home, I opened my door and both kits ran out into the hallway and then the lobby. Neddy came back and scooted back inside the door. I chased Lovey through the lobby, out and down the parking lot, and around to the north side of the building - she always stayed just out of reach. So I went back inside the north door and walked down the hall... My, goodness! You should have heard Lovey wailing at the closed door. But when I opened it, she ran the other way. (It's a game, Mom!) So I returned to the apartment, unloaded my dog gear, and walked to the patio door - which Neddy ran through as soon as I had it opened. Then we walked up to the north end of the building, where Lovey was sitting, and looking up at the second floor, where Riley (the Shar Pei) lives. When she heard me, and saw me, and then saw Neddy, she came running like the wind. Then she trotted in front of us all the way back to the apartment, as if she was chiding me for leaving her at the north end of the building. She has since spent a great deal of time in my lap and headbutting my chin. - What a nut!

No comments: