Friday, October 15, 2010

Vacation Starts!!!

Neddy and Lovey have been quiet this afternoon - of course, I've only been home for 45 minutes, so everything could break loose at any moment. They are both lying in the sun in the back yard, soaking up vitamins A and D. I spent the morning and early afternoon with Rosie and Remy and Suki and Boo. All the dogs barked a few times at passers-by, but there were no alarms, and while the new neighbors' cat did yowl, it didn't draw Rosie as Ooch did yesterday. I had a scrumptious cinnamon roll from the Great Harvest Bakery for breakfast - nothing but whole wheat flour, eggs, milk, salt, butter, cinnamon and a little leavening. They are super!
And, please take note: I am now officially on vacation until the morning of Wednesday, 3 November. I won't guarantee that I will blog on a daily basis, nor that I will check on the frequent comments I receive. At the moment, I'm planning on watching football all weekend, and on Monday and Tuesday, when it's expected to be in the 50s and raining, I plan to rearrange my furniture. Other than that, I hope to do what I like when I feel like doing it, and the heck with time in the real world.... I want to read and nap and do some research, and take the kits on walks. Speaking of taking the kits on walks, today is the first of three days of CU's Parents' Weekend, so places will be crowded and busy for the next two plus days. (CU plays Baylor at home tomorrow, with a kickoff time of 5 p.m. MDT. And the following weekend is CU Homecoming, where the Buffs host Texas Tech, so the kits will be unhappy with their "imprisonment" during the games - but I'll get them high on catnip, and that will help.)

No comments: