Friday, January 21, 2011

A Very Fun Day

I played hookey from my work yesterday - I was at the National Western Stock Show early in the morning, and I stayed through mid-evening. I had a ball! I saw about 50% of all there was to see - some of the Draft Horse Show classes, several weight divisions of the the steer judging, went through the kids' petting zoo, looked at all kinds of livestock, saw several "how to" demonstrations, got to try my hand at blacksmithing, enjoyed watching children and older folks wander through the concourse, and, last, but not least, I picked up a few books. I had a wonderful day!
We had 4 inches of snow fall in three hours Wednesday afternoon; traffic was grid-locked in Boulder for over 4 hours. Locals are getting upset with the roads and streets crews - this was a predicted snow fall, but it took one lady 3 hours to drive her usual 13-minute commute that afternoon. - It was also sister Kathy's birthday, and the family went out for dinner at Murphy's Pub. She and Jim flew to Phoenix yesterday for their annual participation in P F Chang's Rock and Roll Marathon. I'm supposed to pick them up from DIA on Tuesday, but I have yet to find out when they are due back. I guess nephew Mike will let me know. Kevin, my son, turned 30 yesterday. Time flies; it seems only yesterday that we were watching him play football in high school.
I've already taken care of my kits, plus walked the Shih Tzus, and cared for Ooch. As soon as I finish this, I'll head out to gather up Rosie and Remy; then it will be Tessa's turn for a walk, and then back to Aiko and Yoshi (the little guys). I'll stay with Aiko and Yoshi until 4, when the owners' son is due back home; then I'll do Ooch's night routine, and finally go home to Lovey and Nedi. Tomorrow I just have Ooch and Tessa in the morning, and then I'm finished until Monday. Which should work out nicely, as we are expecting another shot of snow Saturday afternoon/evening, like we received on Wednesday. On Sunday, it'll just be me, the kits, the Sunday paper, NFL football, and my books. What a nice thing to look forward to!

No comments: