Friday, April 15, 2011

No Snow Today


Yesterday, Eibar Coa walked away from the hospital. His neurosurgeons call it a miracle. For more information, visit: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/62495/coa-walks-miraculously-out-of-hospital Go, Eibar! ... And, while Uncle Mo has been cleared by the vet to train for the Triple Crown after grabbing his quarter, he is now fighting an intestinal infection, too.

> It's 35 degrees outside, but all of yesterday's snow had melted by 6 in the afternoon. The local weather folks say that Boulder actually got 3 inches of snow plus the rain; while Nederland received 14 inches of snow. The Irish kids were extremely happy to see me, and we spent over an hour walking around the neighborhood. Then I took out Lucy, having heard that a tree limb had fallen on the power line in their back yard causing a fire, and service trucks and crews were there until noon. Lucy seemed to be very happy to get outside. My kits ran in and out whenever I opened the patio door, and Lovey enjoyed herself by wiping her feet clean on my chest when she came back inside. ... With the rain and snow, the Silver Lake Irrigation Ditch was running with lots of water; there were several blockages, and my brother-in-law Jim spent most of the day cleaning out the sticking points. I was able to get him into a few backyards using gates that he didn't have the combinations to. (Nobody was at home during the day and the blockages in their yards were causing flooding in other peoples' yards.) And a part of the contract for using the irrigation ditch is that access is available 24/7... so I don't feel bad about going into those yards.

> Have a great weekend! I'm spending Saturday and Saturday night with Finn and Skippy.

No comments: