Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Tuesday Mishmash

Yesterday morning was glorious - sun shining, a slightly cool breeze, birds chirping, flowers and trees in bloom. I walked Remy and Rosie, and then took Bentley out with Annie, and then Bentley again with Olie. Today I add Lucy to the walk. It seems that most of the dogs I care for now have restricted diets - just now, the only treat I can safely give everyone is dried duck. Nedi is out on the patio in the sun right now, while Lovey is on the top of the cat tree; they both snuggled with me last night, especially during the very brief rain we had.
> I know that Donald Trump made a lot of money in real estate deals and in the many companies he now runs. But I cannot envision him as President of the United States - to me, his ego is his biggest enemy. ... I know that it was, is, and forever will be a fact that history cannot be changed; but I frequently wonder what this nation would be like today, had our fore-fathers had the availability of almost instantaneous communication across the country. How many men would not have been elected President? How many scandals would have been thrown to the public for consumption? Would Thomas Jefferson have made it to the Presidency? Would Teddy Roosevelt been considered a bully, himself? Could FDR ever have been elected? Would the Civil War have been fought? Would the "United States of America" spread across this continent, or would the Native Americans have been able to create a border and their own country and been able to stop the tide of European and Russian encroachment? ... I know. It's all nonsense - but I can always fantasize....

No comments: