Thursday, October 20, 2011

Who Died in Boulder Creek?

I've just read that Muammar Gaddafi is dead.  The reports stated that he was "captured alive" by the rebels and was shown alive on TV coverage.  The photo I saw showed Gaddafi in death, with the comment that "he died from his wounds."  Well, good.  The world is free of another meglo-maniac who believed in world domination.  I am happy for Libya.
But that doesn't explain the dead man in Boulder Creek about 50 feet away from my apartment building. A woman called police after spotting the man on a small sandbank/islet close to the north shore at the end of Harvest Manor.  He is described as a white male in his 50s.  Period.  The Boulder police say that blood was seen on the bank of the creek, and on the sandbar.  This was reported at 7:59 a.m. yesterday - and there is still no further information available to the public.  I'm just curious to know if he was one of the homeless guys who always hung around the liquor store, or one of the guys who visit the dumpsters regularly, or if he was an honest citizen "done wrong" and left in the creek as a puzzle for police....  I guess I read too many mysteries.

The weather is gorgeous today.  It was 47 degrees when I arose, and it's over 60 right now.  The weather folks say highs will be in the upper 60s and low 70s through Monday.  Tuesday, the weather here is supposed to be cooler and rainy, with snow forecast for Wednesday.  It looks like I'm headed to Florida at the right time!  I just hope that they don't get hit with an Alberta Clipper while I'm there.
Remy's hind end wasn't so good today, so we only walked for 30 minutes, and then I turned Rosie and he loose in the Snow back yard.  Rosie grabbed her blue bone and ran all around the yard with it, while Remy sat with me. *sigh* I still need to do the laundry I didn't do yesterday....   But Leela will stay with Maggie this weekend, so I can spend the time at home with my kits before I leave.  That's a relief!  Lovey and Nedi have been extremely clingy since I returned, and I'm happy I won't have to leave them the weekend before I go on vacation!
Kathy and Jim have promised to visit the kits several times a day while I'm away.  I hope my kits appreciate it.  Normally they hide until after Kathy and Jim have left - unless K & J stay for more than two hours.  It will be interesting to get a report when I return.  I will miss them, but I am excited about seeing Kathryn and Mary, Jack and Mrs. Davis, and Carolyn and Greg while I'm there.

No comments: