Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Chinook

The wind is nasty today.  I have walked the red kids, but a gust of wind nearly knocked poor Remy over, so his walk was cut short.  We have had a recorded wind gust of 74 mph while I was out walking the Irish kids, and under our high wind warning, we are told the wind speed could reach 80 to 100 mph.  Once I went out this morning, I saw a notice on our Mail Box bulletin board.  It seems that Speedy Taco does not belong to Nancy, my sister's friend, who moved into A-116.  Speedy Taco is now an officially LOST cat.  I called the number and left a message saying he had been in my house about 6 p.m. on Sunday, but that I had put him back outside and had then closed the door.  I hope he hasn't become a step in the local food chain...  I hope he turns up soon.
  I've had 4 days and 3 nights booked to be spent with Finn and Skippy early next month, and I'm going to be off feeding and walking the Thore group both tonight and tomorrow night.  Ooch turned 22 last month, and I'll start taking care of him Saturday afternoon; he'll be "mine" until the 1st of March. With the wind blowing and swirling like mad, my kits are quite happy to be inside.  Lovey is curled up on the top of the cat tree, watching everything blow by in the back yard.  Nedi is curled up under the bed covers - he usually emerges after about 3 hours, and he's so warm and drowsy that it takes him at least 45 minutes to wake up completely.

No comments: