Sunday, February 26, 2012

Critters

Speedy Taco is safe and sound, back at home with Jacky.  A couple of students in B building took him in, and managed not to see his "Lost" poster until yesterday.  They didn't try to call Jacky's number, which was also on his name tag.  So I'm guessing they really didn't interact with him much.  But he is home and safe, and that's what matters.  ...  Good old Ooch is his usual self.  I spent a couple of hours with him last night and again this morning.  At age 22, he's skinny and he doesn't clean his coat much - but his skin is also very thin and delicate now, so he just gets hand rubs and scissors get applied to any matted hair that happens.  He's still quite a talker, and loves to sit in your lap, with your hand resting lightly on him. ...  My kits are their usual selves - full of run, sass, and talk.  Nedi is starting to speak up more these days, and I sometimes can't get Lovey to stop talking.  But I brought it on myself; I started talking to them the moment I saw them at the Humane Society, and I frequently discuss any new situation with them, too.   I ask them questions, and both answer me more often than not.
  I have a full morning tomorrow - first, at least 90 minutes with Ooch, then walk Rosie and Remy for an hour, then bathe and groom Oly, Annie and Bentley. After that, I need to pick up my meds from the pharmacy, and return home to my babies.  Then I'll head back out for another session with Ooch before returning home to bed.  ...  Right now I have Burt Lancaster in Valdez Is Coming on the TV.  Lovey is curled up on the sofa, with her face turned towards the TV, but her eyes are shut, and she's listening to the keys of my keyboard.  I really don't know why she finds Rawhide so entrancing - is it the men's voices?  The music? The movement of the cattle and horses on the screen?  She seems to pay more attention when Gil Favor (Eric Fleming) is talking, so perhaps it's his voice?  - I have no idea.  But I know that Cyclone, one of my cats from long ago, loved to watch and listen to Walter Cronkite on the CBS Evening News.  One night, Mom was clearing the table, and stopped in front of Cyclone to listen to an interesting news item, and he bit her butt because she was blocking his view....  Does my talking to them make them more interested in the TV voices? I still don't know.

No comments: