Thursday, October 18, 2012

Windy...

According to a lady I met in Cheyenne, Wyoming, I cursed the area by using the four-letter word that starts with a w, and ends with a d. Synonyms are: breeze, zephyr, gale, etc. While I was in Wyoming, it was cloudy and overcast, and the wind was blowing - it felt about 20 degrees cooler in Cheyenne than it did in Boulder on Tuesday. We had a cold front blow through Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, which took down a lot of trees, branches, and electric wires. There were gusts up to 89 mph just outside of Denver, and around 70 mph here in Boulder. The wind blew almost all day yesterday, and has continued to do so today - I was hit by a gust and almost blown off the road going down to Golden this morning. Other than the wind, things here are great; and the kits are playing in the sun in the back yard.
   I was contacted by one of the blog readers yesterday, and I'm now happy to call Michele in Wisconsin a friend. I was doing laundry yesterday, and ended up writing her several long "notes." I probably should have cleaned the place up some more, and started putting together my new bookcase, but I didn't. I figure I have a very few days of vacation left, and I'll do what I want to do, not what I "should" do. That's why I went down to Golden today... I had a super time walking along Clear Creek, and the shopping area in the historic section was a good find - I noted several items that I'll get the family for Christmas, now that I know RTD has a bus between us.
   Just took a short break and talked with my friend Nancy - and I showed her one of my favorite shopping sites: http://www.recollections.biz/ . I would love to own about 50 of their dresses or skirt and blouse combinations. I can just imagine the looks I'd get walking down Pearl Street Mall, or downtown Chincoteague in some of those outfits... Going to watch Person of Interest tonight and have tea with Bea tomorrow before returning the Rav4... Then it's football time, again! (Yahoo!)

No comments: