Monday, July 29, 2013

Chincoteague and Assateague Islands

Aerial view of Historic Down Town Chincoteague and the Chincoteague Channel - copyright by Patrick J. Hendrickson at Highcamera.com

The Chincoteague Public Library decked out in bunting for the Fourth of July

Wading across a gut on Chincoteague to see the Pony Swim

Pony Parade on Main Street, Chincoteague (photo from WMDT)

Ponies crossing Black Duck Drain on Assateague before the Pony Swim - photo by Joanne Snyder Schoeberl of Chincoteague

1 comment:

CindyB2463 said...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading all of your posts about Chincoteague and Assateague Islands. I went there for the first time on Aug. 4th, 2013. I fell in love with Chincoteague! I told my husband that I would like to retire there in 20 years. Even if that doesn't happen, I plan to make many more trips there.