Saturday, September 28, 2013

Cool College Football Saturday

It was 35 degrees outside at 7 this morning; at Leadville, a mile higher in elevation, it was 13 degrees.  I'm happy I woke up in Boulder.  The only problem here is that the apartment management has yet to turn on the heating system - but, on the other hand, the temperature inside my apartment is less than 80 degrees for the second day since June...   Since it is no longer raining, my kits have been running in and out like maniacs, chasing each other and just running for the heck of it.  I bet there are some horses and cattle kicking up their heels, as well.
  Me? I'll be cleaning my apartment in between football games today.  Steve Spurrier's Gamecocks play in Orlando at 10 a.m. on ABC, and the Gators play at 5 on ESPNU.  The CU Buffs have their first game in 3 three weeks,due to a bye week, and the flooding.  I don't think I can get them on TV, but I'll listen on the radio, as they play Oregon State at 1.  I actually root for about ten teams each season, but, at this time, these are the main three.  (And, of course, the Broncos face the Eagles in a professional game tomorrow, in Denver.)
  Doesn't seem possible that the end of September is near.  Next weekend, I'll be looking after Charlie and Tinkerbelle, and then I'll be flying to Oklahoma City.  It just doesn't seem real.

No comments: