Thursday, September 19, 2013

Cool, Quiet Day

After all the flooding, we had more rain last night - not a lot, but enough to make all the mud very slippery again this morning.  The cats huddled against me in bed while we had lightning and thunder, and I was reading about a storm in ancient Ireland - somehow, it seemed appropriate.  It's been cool and cloudy today - and I thank goodness that I live at 5285 feet, as points higher than 10,000 feet got snow last night or early this morning.   Lovey has spent most of the day curled up on my afghan, while Nedi has been sleeping in my dirty clothes - me, I helped people clean out their basements and lower living levels again today.  I am pooped.
   I am planning a couple of days of exploration in Oklahoma City before meeting up with my friend Mary and spending time at the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum next month.  I was able to get round-trip air fare for $170, and a great non-smoking room between the airport and the Museum at an extremely reasonable price, at the Biltmore.  Getting to spend time with Mary and to explore the Museum is something I'm really looking forward to!
  My neck and shoulders are very sore tonight -  I'm guessing it's from a combination of plain old tenseness from the past week, over-working under-used muscles and ligaments, and my broken neck from years ago. I slipped in the mud today, and felt like my head did a "whip lash" movement, and it was after that that I became sore...  Oh, well.  I really have nothing to complain about compared to other folks in Colorado!

No comments: