Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day

Our American holiday of Labor Day was first celebrated in New York City on 5 September 1882.  The holiday was created by, and supported by, the Central Labor Union.    More states ratified Labor Day holiday, and in 1894, the United States government voted to acknowledge the holiday of the laborer, without whom nothing important would get done.   It's a holiday, and I've already been at three different homes on three separate jobs today.  -  So much for a "Holiday!" - But, then, I began this business so others could enjoy time off with family, and be able to "get away from it all," so I really can't complain.
  I get to sleep the next four nights in my own bed, before moving to my sister's for two weeks.  Lovey and Nedi and I will be very happy and content for a while.  Once Kathy and Jim return, I'll be back home for another three full weeks.  It will be glorious!

No comments: