Friday, September 6, 2013

Sporadic Blogging

Well. Kathy and Jim have made their escape off into the wilds of Washington state - making a road trip, just for the fun of it.  I'll be staying at their house, without internet access, and without cable or satellite television, which means I can watch ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, or a religious network.   I've gotten spoiled with my satellite dish and internet access here at home.  I'll be home for only a few hours each day, so don't be surprised if my blogging becomes very spotty until the 18th of September.  - I'll probably move Lovey and Nedi in with Boo and I, as they get along well.
    Last night was the "big match up" game to begin the NFL season.  It was played in Denver, and the Baltimore Ravens, the Superbowl Champions from last season, faced the Denver Broncos.  There was a heavy rainstorm, and the kick off was delayed due to fears of lightning for 35 minutes.  The Broncos won the game, with a score of 49 to 27.  Peyton Manning threw for all 7 touchdowns for the Broncos. -  But the funny thing was the article in The Columbus Dispatch that stated that John Elway threw for 7 TDs; the lead paragraph states that it was Peyton Manning, but the following paragraphs, as well as the headline, state it was Elway.  What a hoot!

At least I can get my fill of college football tomorrow - first the Gators play, then the Gamecocks play, and tomorrow evening is the first home game for the Colorado Buffaloes - one long block from my apartment!

No comments: