Sunday, December 1, 2013

December First

This morning, as I walked to the bakery for my breakfast bagel, I looked in wonder at beautiful puffy clouds that were painted in colors of pinks and purples against a dark sky.  Less than five minutes later, as I walked back home with my fresh warm bagel, the sight of the mountain-top snows took my breath away.  In the east, the clouds were pink and purple, but they painted the snow on the peaks in the west a glowing, warm lavender.  I miss the gulls and birds of the east coast, but these sunrise visions are gorgeous in Colorado! It's currently 54 degrees outside, the sun is shining, and the humidity is 25%.  I'm sitting at my desk with the patio door and window wide open, while the cats wander in and out.  It's a fantastic fall day.
  The weather has made it easy to get the smell of chemicals and backed-up kitchen water out of my bathroom, closet, and front hall.  And I'll probably be complaining about the fierce cold here beginning Wednesday.  Right now, our forecast calls for highs in the mid-50s Monday and Tuesday; a low of 11 on Tuesday night, and highs on Wednesday and Thursday of 15 and 9 degrees.  I'll be inside, cuddled up with the kits on those days.  The air is so dry that I can't go outside and breathe normally if the temperature is below 20.  I'll be carrying my inhaler at all times later this week...  And I've already sent out warnings to the owners of the dogs that I walk on a daily basis.
  I do have the Broncos and Chiefs game on the television.  I just shook my head while watching the Gators and Seminoles play yesterday.  Poor Gators.  I loved watching the Ohio State Buckeyes win; and I had a blast watching the Gamecocks defeat Clemson.  Of course, the mind-boggling play of all the games yesterday was the Auburn Tigers returning a missed Alabama field goal for 100+ yards and the winning of the game.  I don't think the 'Bama fans have had this first loss even sink in yet...
   And since it's the first of December, my daughter-in-law sent me one of the best photos I have seen this year:
Son Kevin and grand daughter Kennedy getting ready to decorate the house for Christmas!

No comments: