Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pet Sitting

What a crazy couple of days - one of my clients is obsessing about a package sent via the post office, and which was "supposed to be" delivered before Christmas.  She has been sending me e-mails about said package since Friday, just about every four hours, and it finally arrived after 4 yesterday afternoon.  It's sitting safely in the kitchen of her house with the rest of her mail...  At least her cats are quiet and loving, and she returns on New Year's Eve.
  Charlie, I have decided, is a wild child, and unless I had her constantly with me for four, or more, months, in my mind she's untrainable.  She has been given so many treats that it is difficult to do anything with her, and I wondered why she was crated any time she was left alone in the house.  Now I know - she's a destructive little terror - anything she can reach is fair game, and is chewn and/or eaten.  When I want to release her from her crate, I have found she will not sit down and be still while I'm opening the latch - she is so excited that she is constantly pawing and nipping at the latch area.  I tell her to sit, and she sits, but as soon as I make any movement whatsoever toward the crate - she's up and dancing, pawing and nipping.  Tell her to sit again, and she will sit, but once I move again, she's up and ready.  She will not listen to the word "no," and goes her merry way.  "Bad dog" has no effect either - she just bounces up and tries to nip your fingers, because her owner constantly feeds her treats.  -  I spent 90 minutes yesterday just trying to get her to sit and wait for me to open the crate latch, as I have done every day this week.  She is not a stupid dog, and she has definitely learned how to run  her owners.  I'll be quite happy when they return tomorrow.
  My kits only had a few minutes outside this morning, but there was a little over an inch of snow on the ground, so they weren't really happy outside, anyway.  Lovey sat in a chair and soaked up sunshine, while Nedi was playing with the squirrels,  Two new boxes have appeared where the knife-throwing neighbor has set up, but my kits avoided them.  Tugger and Sasquatch's folks are due back this evening, and I'm now staying at Rosie's.
  Getting ready to watch the Broncos - hope we win and have no more injuries!

No comments: