Thursday, December 19, 2013

Things

Well, we have a cold front pushing in from the north, and it's playing hell with my sinuses.  Then, I decided I wanted baked Popcorn Chicken and Garlic Breadsticks from Papa John's - but, that I'd walk over and pick them up from the shop after the delivery fiasco on 6 December.  So I double-checked the web order site and verified that the shop was still one block away (they've been talking about moving to another location since September), placed my order for carry-out and walked down the block.  There was a U-Haul truck backed into the space in front of the Papa John's front door - the front door was open, and workmen were gutting the interior.  I looked, shook my head, and walked back home.  Once back inside, I called the shop, and they said they'd deliver to me at no cost - that the website should have been changed yesterday.  I am still awaiting yet another pre-paid delivery.  I is not happy.
  The kits have been enjoying the warm weather - it's been in the low- to mid-60s  and I've gone from nightgown to a T-shirt for sleeping.  We're expecting snow tonight, and the weather person just talked about a light snow on Christmas morning...  That would be great.  The dogs have been having a ball in the mud left by the snow, and a little more would put them in heaven.
  It looks like my brother-in-law is going to travel up to South Dakota and spend several days (or a week or two) with his youngest brother Kent.  There is still no word back from the Mayo Clinic regarding the rapidly growing tumor in Kent's brain.  He has been moved back to rehab, and his Occupational Therapy people are impressed by his will and drive to "get back to normal."  His wife has a tendency to do things for him, rather than having him re-learn how to do things himself, but she is doing much better, after a coaching session with one of the counselors.  As I said, we're still waiting to find out what type of tumor this is, so that plans can get under way for chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy once Kent's skull heals...
  So the family is doing a lot more praying during this holiday season than is usual - and maybe that's for the best.

No comments: