Saturday, November 29, 2014

It's Been A Busy Week

I've been running around taking care of four houses - three within a half-mile radius, and one 2 miles out.  Then, of course, I've also made time to be home with my kits for a couple of hours each day - all using my feet and public transportation...  I've found a lack of east-west buses, while there are plenty of north-south buses...  Sunday and Thursday were the hardest days for transportation - buses only ran once an hour, which is a huge PITA.   Oh, well.  As of midnight, three families have returned, and I only have the ABCs to look after (plus Lovey and Nedi, of course).
   Let's see....   Kathy had her PET scan on Monday, and received the results on Wednesday.  On Wednesday, a Samoyed named Tulo joined Kathy and Jim's family for five days, while his people are away for Thanksgiving.   The Snow clan met and had Thanksgiving dinner at the Grange in Niwot, but I didn't have time to do so.  I did bake a fat hen, and a pumpkin pie.  And I had mashed potatoes, peas, and gravy to go along with them.
   I had to laugh at Tipsi, one of the cats I'm caring for.  Last night, just before dark, and just before I closed the pet door, Tipsi brought in a large vole.  He wouldn't let me approach him closely, but the vole looked extremely limp, so I figured it was dead.  Ten minutes later, it ran across my foot, with Tipsi walking along behind it...  Am I, somehow, causing cats to alter their behavior?  I can understand my kits bringing in live prey, because I yell a lot if they kill anything.  But why is Tipsi suddenly bringing in live mice/voles (like Nedi), and just following them around - not pouncing and attacking, but as if the vole is something to study?
   I also had my annual check-up with my physician.  My fasting blood sugar was 68; and my A1c level had dropped .2 since last year.  Blood pressure was 123/70; and I weighed 2 ponds less than last year.  Her only comment was that she thought I's feel even better if I dropped 10 pounds.  I agreed.  So I'm just waiting on my liver panel and cholesterol tests...  Everything else is A-OK.

No comments: