Saturday, November 22, 2014

Short & Sweet

Boulder has warmed up enough to see some grass under the snow in yards.  We're expected to be windy today and tomorrow, which will help melt and evaporate the remaining snow.  But, we're expecting more snow Sunday night and Monday.  I am not complaining.  We've not had anything like the lake-effect snow that Buffalo and western New York received...  Our ski resorts are very happy, as they are expecting 10 to 20 inches of snow between now and Sunday night.  But I have to walk on slick and icy streets and sidewalks while out taking care of houses, so I'm just not ... impressed.
   I start caring for Dellwood today, so that's two cats, four carp and five laying hens.  They are easy to care for; but if it's warm in the afternoon, the hens occasionally don't want to enter the hen house for the night.  I'll stop by there on the way to Kathy and Jim's this morning, and will stop in and close them up for the night on my way back home.
  Cousin Sarah inherited most of the Nocks family photos (Thank you for keeping them away from Eleanor, Sarah!) and has been sharing identified photos on the new Nocks family website.  I've seen a lot of family photos that I have never seen before - and a lot of the cousins who have never met are being able to connect with one another.  It's great.  I'm very happy that my cousin Dennis reached out and asked how to get his part of the family tree posted...  It's been a wonderful distraction from worrying about my sister's cancer diagnosis.
  Lovey and Nedi have been happier that it's getting warmer, as they get longer periods of time outside to play.  I don't think that Nedi will find anymore mice to befriend until the Spring - it's still a weird feeling to go into the bathroom and realize your cat has a "pet" mouse sleeping with him in the tub!

No comments: