Sunday, March 29, 2015

Horse Racing and a Missing Kitten

It's a beautiful day outside - and I have my patio door wide open, as well as the patio window.  Birds are singing, squirrels are chasing one another, Lovey is curled up on the top of the cat tree in the sun, and Nedi is sprawled on the patio, soaking up fresh air and all the activity around him.  I was very sorry to see a notice in the apartment building stating that the grey marmalade tabby kitten I call Simon is missing.  He's about 5 months old now, and the owners have not had him neutered, and have allowed him to roam.  There are so many possible bad outcomes....  I hope someone took him in and has given him a wonderful home, including neutering, shots, and lots of love and toys.
   Besides doing all of my usual morning chores with my kits and the apartment, I've visited and cared for Jasmine this morning, and I've stopped by Lynn's house to water her garden and walk Tess.  I can't figure out why Lynn always puts seed down and then goes away on travels, leaving the garden care to me, on a daily basis...  At least Martine takes care of the garden and yard on Friday.  And I'll pick Lynn up at the airport tonight when she returns from California.  Between then and now, I'll visit both Jasmine and Lynn's house again, continue in my Spring cleaning of the apartment, and, probably, do some more Busey family research...  They are fascinating relatives.
   Four major horse races took place yesterday - two in Meydan, the Dubai Gold Cup and the Dubai World Cup; and the two Derbies I mentioned yesterday.  The Dubai Gold Cup had a purse of $1 million; the winner was Brown Panther, followed by Star Empire, and Ahzeemah  ran third.  In the $10 million Dubai World Cup, the winner was Prince Bishop, with California Chrome running in second, and Lea finishing third.  California Chrome's connections have decided to ship the 4-year-old from Dubai to Royal Ascot in England.  Which race he'll enter has not yet been decided.
   In the Florida Derby at Gulfstream Park, Materiality continued his winning ways, as the son of Afleet Alex was expected to do.  Upstart, a son of Flatter ran second, and another Flatter son, Ami's Flatter, ran in third.  In the Louisiana Derby at the Fairgrounds, the son of Fusaichi Pegasus, International Star, won impressively for the Ramsey family.  Stanford finished a game second, with War Story four lengths behind him.  Things are gearing up for the first Saturday in May....

No comments: