Saturday, May 9, 2015

Saturday Ramblings

Well, well, well....   It's a deep subject; except in Colorado.  I was able to get Lola and Cooper walked without rain pouring on us, between 5 and 6 this morning.  Started to rain again at 6:30; but I had taken care of the ABCs, had fed and loved Seek, had fed and medicated Tugger, and arrived at my place to let my kits outside before it started falling again.  I know that we need the rain - I just loathe grey days without any sunshine.  The following photo is of Boulder Creek at the Broadway underpass yesterday afternoon (the shadow is Broadway); the Boulder Public Library is to the upper left of the picture, behind bushes and cars in a parking lot.

I think you can safely say that we have standing water on the roads - this is a car driving straight down a street in the appropriate lane:

This photo is of Confluence Park in Denver and shows a man in a kayak passing a four-foot tall trash can and five-foot tall sign.  The Platte River is high....

In case you haven't seen a nightjar, the type of bird I rescued earlier this week, here's a photo of one:

And yesterday, Tipsi came into the house with a mouthful of prey - a 20-inch long Plains Garter snake that kept twisting and turning upon itself.  It played dead when she dropped it on the floor at my feet, but I could see the tail was twitching a bit.  Once I had Tipsi distracted, I picked up the snake and carried it out into the garden, where I released it.  Five minutes later, it was no where to be seen, so I'm pretty sure that Tipsi did't cause any lasting damage....

I need to bundle up and go outside to cover the raised gardens  - there are sprouts up in each and every bed, but they don't need  to have 2 to 5 inches of heavy wet snow fall on them tonight, or early tomorrow morning.  Then I need to water the indoor plants - and check to be certain that Lola hasn't left me any "presents" in the house....
   Here's hoping your weekend is drier than mine!

No comments: