Friday, June 12, 2015

Random Thoughts

I thought I was losing my mind yesterday - was discussing how all British and American thoroughbred horses trace back to only three stallions with a friend.  The friend was amazed and wanted to know the names of the horses - I was easily able to say the Byerly Turk (or Barb) and the Godolphin Arabian.  I knew the other horse was also known as an Arabian - but it took me 30 minutes to be able to say "the Darley Arabian."  Since I have had that firmly implanted in my brain since I was at least 8 years old, I decided that my memory was going.
   My sister called me last evening and stated that  her reading glasses case turned up empty.  I knew immediately exactly where they were, so I returned them early this morning.  She had left them on the kitchen counter at Ba and Bob's on Tuesday.  I walked downstairs, saw them, and placed them in my stack of things to bring back to Boulder with me today.  So.   Am I losing my mind/memory, or not?
   Still awaiting news on the apartment - Beatrice and I will have brunch at Turley's and then she'll visit with Cyrano and Pounce while doing her laundry today.  I'm committed to spending time with Rosie while Joel and Nancy go out to a dinner theater production tonight.  I will begin cleaning the apartment this weekend, as I move items out and into the storage unit.
  Have almost finished reading the latest Kathy Reichs' mystery.  Have a new Gideon Crew novel to read by Preston and Child, and then the first three books about Vlad Taltos by Steven Brust - that should give me brain fodder for a few days.   -  My regular medication causes extremely vivid dreams.  I'm still trying to figure out why I dreamed that I walked into my bathroom and saw the tub was full of greyish water with a nasty soap scum on the top, and a giant-sized dead ring-necked pheasant (in full breeding plumage) floating in the end farthest from the taps....   Anyone have any ideas?  It was just weird.
   We've had a lot of rain near Boulder and around Boulder - we haven't had any sluicing downpours, but just scattered showers here and there.  However, Fort Collins, Loveland, and Greeley, to our north, and Denver, Evergreen, and Colorado Springs are having a lot of flooding...  Boulder Creek is running high, but the Cache le Poudre River, Bear Creek, Clear Creek, Cherry Creek, and South Platte River are all overflowing their banks....   Multiple roads and streets are closed in quite a few cities and towns on the eastern side of the Rockies today.  No rain is forecast for this weekend, so maybe we can dry up a bit.
 

No comments: