Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Bits and Pieces

Read Speaking In Bones yesterday, and then started a new J A Jance mystery.  Roxie slept with me the night before last, but Finney has never gotten in bed with me - until this morning.  I had to answer a call of nature at 4 a.m., and when I returned, Finney was asleep in my spot, with her head on my pillow.  She went totally limp when I attempted to move her, and I finally had to "scoop" her off the bed and onto the floor.  Before I could get my butt down on the side of the bed, she was back up, in my space again.  I finally got her to settle at my feet, and we had another good sleep until my alarm went off.
   Victor and Xena's folks are back from their 12 days of travel, and I need to transcribe my appointments for next year on the new calendar, today or tomorrow.  Saturday morning I'll meet with a couple about walking their 5 dogs while they are out of town in February.  They have a a lady who will be the live-in care-taker while they're gone, but she recently injured her back, and the dogs pull, so I'll have walking duties.
  I gave a friend a Surfer Dude calendar for 2016 as a Christmas gift, and she cried when she opened it...  Didn't mean to make her cry, just wanted to give her something SD oriented.  She loved that stallion.  Guess I'd better get a copy of the book about him for her birthday present.
   Taking the Christmas tree down today.  Will carefully pack the ornaments and lights, and take our welcome Santa down from the front door.  They are coming by tomorrow to pick up trees to make into fresh mulch - so ours will go onto the pile.  Both Beatrice and I get checks tomorrow, so we'll also grab cat food, squirrel food and bird food tomorrow.   Not doing anything special for New Years Eve.  But I'll watch the Pasadena Tournament of Roses Parade without commercial interruption on the Home and Garden television channel on Friday, and I think the Gators play in a Bowl Game that afternoon.  We'll probably have black-eyed peas, pork chops, collard greens, apple sauce and corn bread for supper - not making Hoppin' John this year.
  Please enjoy the rest of the year 2015!

No comments: