Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Groan and Moan

Sitting at my desk in a red Piper T-shirt and jeans; the sky to the west is a series of clouds with strips of blue skies in between; Lovey is trying to decide on a way to get closer to me than just sitting on me - it's like she wants to be  inside my skin, and not just on me.  Nedi is asleep in the love seat and Beatrice just left to go to work.  Rosie has acupuncture and laser therapy this morning.  I'll walk Tessa first and then take Rosie out for a short neighborhood stroll.
  We were told to expect snow on Saturday, but it never arrived, although the breeze was chilly.  Now the forecast is for rain and snow on Friday, Saturday, and Monday.  I'll be with Finn for most of the weekend, so there will be tons of puppy kisses - even though he weighs 50 pounds these days.
  I miss the islands.  I miss having a football coach in the college ranks to cheer for.  I miss having an active professional football player to cheer for.  I make no bones about it.  When Steve Spurrier resigned from coaching the South Carolina Gamecocks football team, the joy went out of college ball for me.  With Tim Tebow chucked by the wayside by the Philadelphia Eagles, that left me with only Peyton Manning to follow in pro football.  Now Peyton is out, indefinitely, with his bad foot, and Brock Osweiler has stepped in - quite capably, too.  But it's not the same as watching the master...  Of course I felt the same with the retirements of Fran Tarkenton, Terry Bradshaw, and Joe Montana - right now, I'm slightly interested in Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers.   Basketball and baseball don't excite me.  Hockey is OK, occasionally.  Gripe, complain, and gripe.....    Sorry.
  The next big thing in Denver is the National Western Stock Show next month.  My sister is still "under the weather" and not seeing or speaking to me, so I'll miss Christmas and New Years with the family, just as I missed Thanksgiving.  If I knew I could find a reasonable rent on the island for a year-round place to stay, I'd put my name on a waiting list - but this current lease doesn't end until 30 June, and finding a place on the island in summer is simply a laugh.
   I broke my right thumb and the small wrist bone next to it, again.  At the same time, I dislocated my jaw on the right side.  I was not a happy person when I went into the Urgent Care Center and had to instruct them how to pop my jaw back into place.  And And this is the third break along the same lines as previous ones in my right hand - they'll probably want to test me for osteoporosis my next trip to the doctor's office,
   Other than my usual groans and moans, everything is normal here.  The cats are fat and sassy, and are waited upon, foot and paw.  Our squirrels enjoy banquets of nuts and stale biscotti.  The birds are enjoying their feeder of shelled sunflower seeds.  (I'm the only one who is down in the dumps.)
 

No comments: